The Engagement Ring - A Gentleman's Guide to Buying Bespoke
It's not easy choosing a piece of jewellery for another person - never mind the most important piece of jewellery that you will ever buy and will be worn forever, namely the engagement ring.
While many couples are opting for the safe route of choosing the engagement ring together, there are still many traditionalists out there who want to present the ring when they propose. Here are some top tips for the gentleman who may be feeling a touch nervous about choosing this very important piece of jewellery.
Commissioning an engagement ring - some invaluable advice, for Him:
1. Define her style. Some careful questioning and detective work with friends and family will help ensure you get the design spot on.
2. Find the right designer. Search online and in magazines for inspiration and ask around for personal recommendations.
3. When choosing the stone, remember that dropping just a fraction of carat size can make a significant difference to the price. You can find out more here.
4. Compromise on diamond colour or clarity to go big on the cut, for the most dazzling ring, at a price you can afford.
5. Engagement rings with a halo setting of multiple smaller stones, rather than the budget busting showstoppers, can be equally eye catching. You can see our guide to jewellery setting styles here.
6. Instead of a diamond, consider a coloured gemstone. These tend to be more affordable and can make a major style statement if you get the design right!
Want to have a conversation with us about getting started? It can be with or without your prospective partner-to-be!